Thursday 7 February 2008

Stuff to Show!!

Firstly if you haven't already seen Monkee Maker's raffle for Ellie can I point in in the right direction even if you can just spare a quid every little helps. Brilliant idea Mrs MM!

This is what I was going to share yesterday



My slightly rugged recycled denim corsage/brooch.

I don't really like to share the stuff I make, partly down to lack of confidence, partly cause I'm far too self critical and partly due to someone completely ripping off something I once made.

Anyway I'm really quite pleased with it, I've been playing with different sizes and layers, this one is quite big at around 10cm, I want to make some with some fat quarters JL treated me to at the weekend.



I've been meaning to make myself a pin cushion for a while but just not got round to it until yesterday


It's based on this tutorial from Whipup with a strap so I can wear it on my wrist. Maybe my super bright ironing board wasn't the best thing to photograph it on! It's not exactly perfect but not bad considering I did most of it with a poorly D#2 sat/sleeping on my knee, it will do for now. I made some shrink plastic pins at the weekend too, the tutorial courtesy of Wee Wonderfuls was linked from the pin cushion tutorial!

It was the most fun I've ever had staring into my oven waiting for the magic to happen!

5 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Lovely goodies here! Great corsage, yummy fqs and a fab pin cushion and pins - I think I need to try some of them very soon! Lucy x

Mrs Moog said...

Your corsage is great and I love your pincushion! I may have to make one very soon.

I have some of those fabrics too - they are gorgeous!!

xx

brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Great corsage!

Monkee Maker said...

Thanks so much for the linkage there, Kitschy :)

I love your stuff! You should show it off more often, I promise I won't nick it .... apart from now I really want a cool pin cushion like that .... and some fabulous pins .... and that great denim corsage ....

;)