Friday 14 December 2007

Nit Nurse Nora

Did you ever have one of those? Some random 'nit nurse' who used to come every so often and check the whole school for nits! I wonder if they still have them? Why I mention it I was informed the other day about a kid in D#1's class who has had 'crawly's' since she started school ie SEPTEMBER!!!!! To say I'm mortified would be a slight understatement. It's unfortunate if you do get them - but there really is NO excuse for having them that long. D#1 and I both have long hair D#2 is getting that way and I really don't want to have to keep de nitting the whole family (not that we have them - I've checked!!) because someone can't be arsed to sort her kids out!!!! *Growl* rant over!

Onto another sort of knitting.....

I've always always always wanted to knit, my mum can knit really badly (she can't cast on or off!!) I've asked her to teach me in the past but because I'm left handed it's just too complicated to grasp in reverse especially as my tutor can't knit anyway!

When I was little there would be these things.....knitted things.....I remember certain friends used to have them I used to love them, they were always knitted by grannies or nannies, both my grannies died before I discovered the 'knits of love' (I think only one could knit anyway) I used to look at these 'knits of love' and wish someone loved me enough to spend all that time and effort making me one (I obviously had an early appreciation of things handcrafted!)

This is a typical one



I found the pic here have a look at the gallery to see what I'm harping on about!! I also just noticed there are some free patterns for those of you who may like to knit some wicked cakes, biscuits, sandwiches and appetisers.....(yes really) and some other cute stuff. Wow I really am a frustrated non knitter!

This is all leading up to a very exciting addition to our family - those are the words I used to tell mini me yesterday morning, half cringing expecting her to start jumping around the room at the thought of a new baby brother or sister alas no......

Drum roll please.....

I bagged me a monkey made of knit *SSSQQQUEALLLLLL* I really am that excited (I'm 31 for god sake!!) HP22 to be precise I only remember about Monkee Maker's monkey sale about 5 minutes before it happened, I sort of intended maybe a little half heartedly getting one for my brother for Xmas...... but not on your nelly bro *evil laugh* mini me has told me she's going to sleep with him/her/HP22 every night - you can get lost little lady the monkey is for mummy!!

3 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Oh wow .... you really are excited about the monkee, aren't you? (I sent it out yesterday, by the way)

.... REALLY hope the arms stay on :)

Monkee Maker said...

Oops, how could I forget the nits issue?

Thanks for making my head itch all over again!

We had a problem recently and I thought those days were well behind us :(

*scratch*

Anonymous said...

Well said.