Tuesday 18 December 2007

Typical

JL has had a couple of days off work so I told him asked sweetly if we could go shopping to finish off my gift buying - fab day got it all done and dusted except one thing that he's going to get for me, all my Xmas stresses are now gone - hooray!! Of course while we were out I got 'carded' aka Mr Postie (cheeky little chap that he is) was unable to deliver, so I had to wait until today to pick up my parcel (boy I hate that!!) It was either one of two things and indeed it was wait for it...............



I was going to do the whole photoies of the unwrapping of the very lovely brown paper but I couldn't be arsed was just too excited, when I managed to get through the previously mentioned lovely brown paper D#2 must have know something exciting was in the cause she proceeded to rip off the just as lovely Christmasy tissue paper and snog (of course no tongues) HP22 within an inch of his life! She then discovered the yummy chocs I'd just unwrapped and quickly abandoned HP22 (how shallow can you get at 15 months?!) 2 minutes later after her initial chocolate hit went looking again for said monkey, I'm of the verge of a panic attack at the sight of the chocolate covered baby after my monkey! We quickly hid went to do some gift wrapping.


Bless him he was very tired after his journey (and countless kisses from D#2) and had a little lie down in D#1's bed....for all of 2 seconds before I promptly told him to earn his keep




As it turns out HP22 is a dab hand at wrapping and soon had most of it sorted



Until we ran out of paper *rolls eyes*

But in the process monkey has discovered what he wants for Christmas


Pinky Bunny was not in the slightest bit amused to say the least and I was forced to wrestle a Sylvanian Families chair from his sticky little mits before he pumbled the poor monkey's head in - it appears in his haste to use up the last bit of wrapping paper he forgot to check which flavour (Mr) Pinky Bunny is......

So thank you MM for my beautifully crafted monkey made of knit - I can finally bin the memories of scary scarecrows and creepy clowns I at the age of 31 possess my own knit to love.




Please note:
Some of the above may have been dramatised





And for this evenings entertainment.........

Before

This year we are having half a Christmas tree (wall mounted and baby proof) I'll let you know if I get round to doing it, am I really the one one who hasn't put the decs up yet?

2 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Kitschy,

So glad that HP22 arrived safely and seems to be going down a storm .... especially with that cute rabbit ;)

I hope you'll all have lots of fun together, and I look forward to seeing more dramatised events soon.

MM

ps. Yes. I think you may well be the only person in all of Christendom who hasn't yet done the decs thing!

Kitsch n Zinc said...

Dramatised events take too much thought/time/effort think I might leave the master to that ;o)

(Tree is shamefully still bare!!!!!)