Wednesday 16 January 2008

I Have a Confession

*Stands up* Hello my name is Kitschy and I'm an addict.......a lipsalve addict *sits back down*

Yes tis true I would go as far as saying I'm addicted to lipsalve, for as long as I can remember in fact - to the extent that I have to have one on me at all times - if it's not on my person then it will be on the desk, arm of the settee, next to the bed etc. I'm usually a jeans wearer but on the days I might be wearing something that doesn't have pockets then my lipsalve will be shoved down my bra (slightly too much information there I fear but indeed true) I don't have a problem with my 'addiction' I'm quite happy with my little vice unless of course I were to leave the house without one then I would get all panicky and hope that I can cope for however long I'm away from my lipsalve (but I do have a spare in my bag just in case). It is actually a thing of need, I do as my dad and brother always have suffered from really dry lips if I was left un lipsalved god help me!! (my defence your honer)!

This is not always a healthy vice in the instance of when I was pregnant with D#1 I informed JL and my mum that if I went into sudden labour to please, please, please make sure I had my lipsalve, I gave my mum one to have in her bag just in case, but of course when it came down to it and I'd been having contractions every five minutes, in excruciating pain the time came for me to go to the hospital I did of course have my lipsalve! D#1's birth wasn't very straight forward my planned water birth didn't happen (silly me for thinking otherwise!) after literally days in labour (Tuesday morning 7am til Thursday evening 8.08pm) I had one terribly long pain (30 minutes!!) they wheeled me from one room to another in a rather a rushed scary episode my lipsalve got lost *gasp* when my epidural I'd been made to have (yes really but gratefully in the end!!) kicked in I realised I was without my lipsalve!!!!!!!!! Mum actually asked someone to go and look for it *blush* but they couldn't find it, she then remembered the one with the crumpled tissues and leaky pens at the bottom of her bag......all was well!

I know which lipsalves do it for me and which don't, it's not just a case of any old thing will do! I'm a stick rather than tub kinda gal, my all time favourite used to be a Lemon Sherbet one Boots made but they stopped doing it *sign* they only used to last me a week max, then there is the old faithful

This one lasts me about two weeks probably, it is really good - to the extent where my lovely auntie Joyce had really dry lips for weeks and weeks and tried everything and didn't work I gave her a spare one (always have some in stock) and it sorted her out, we found out quite a while later that her dry lips were one of the symptoms her cancer had returned.

Anyway.....

Then I started buying these ones from Avon......

All shiny and new!

But just before Xmas I stumbles across something much more exciting......

US imports - Cherry 7UP!! (This one is used up - look at the top, a ring pull!) lemonade and....wait for it......chocolate cake with creamy filling but that's just wrong I'm afraid, I had a bubble gum one too that smelt just like 2p bubble gums I used to buy when I was a kid - can't remember what they were called though.

Then in Claire's a couple of weeks ago I found these.....

There is a cherry coke one too but it's missing in action

All these new flavours are very exciting to me and my little addiction but now I'm writing this post and taken the pictures

(These are just the ones I can lay my hands on!)

I realise that I'm a complete fruit loop and really probably do need some sort of

I would also like to just mention that the ones above aren't all lipsalves............the middle 'dot' of the exclamation mark is a lipstick - that's of course completely different and doesn't count but I couldn't risk looking for another one while D#2 was asleep in the bedroom.....hehe

5 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Ok, so that was honest, and, um, well , quiet worrying really!

Only kidding - very funny post Kitschy! Lucyx

Juliann in WA said...

Too funny. I don't have an addiction but I do have about 4-5 chapsticks in various coat pockets, my car, my desk, my purse.

Monkee Maker said...

Holey Moley! That's one hell of an addiction!

.... bet you've got the softest lips IN THE WHOLE WORLD though!

:)

Anonymous said...

He-he-he!!! You addict, you!! When we were in Houston recently we bought some Jelly Belly ones that came in a gift pack with about 12 different flavours - just too cute! But hey, there are much worse things to be addicted to so go with it!!

Kate said...

At least it is a harmless addiction! I don't have that many. but there is always one where i can reach it.