Wednesday 30 January 2008

Made in Yorkshire

I'm such a crap blogger busy mummy I meant to post this the day before yesterday but obviously it never happened!

I stumbled across this recipe on Moogsmum's blog, of course being the honorary Yorkshire lass that I am I thought I'd give it a go (it looked really easy too), it was indeed really easy - the hardest part is remembering to put your fruit in tea to soak the night before (otherwise I would have made it a few days earlier!) So after winging the greased and lined tin bit (I never did enjoy the whole lining procedure) and praying my one and only loaf type tin would be big enough, it turned out brilliantly even if I do say so myself! (Thanks Lesley!) I did take a photo to prove it but then when I looked back at the recipe pic I decided it was pants not quite the same standard, so I'm not going to embarrass myself by sharing it!!

So instead here is my very own Yorkshire pudding eating my very own Yorkshire tea bread - that sounds strangely cannibalistic!


She loved it! I'm in the process of soaking more fruit - I forgot to do it last night so did it at 7.30 this morning *rolls eyes* so I can make another one later!

I've also dusted down my sewing machine and done a bit of sewing *gasp* nothing to show though cause it didn't all go to plan, oh well but I had fun :o)


4 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

I know what you mean about forgetting to soak the fruit! I've been meaning to do it for days............! The little Yorkshire Pudding looks adorable! Lucy x

Juliann in WA said...

I will have to look up that recipe. Your little one seems to be very happy with your recipe.

brian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mrs Moog said...

I'm glad the recipe worked and that your little Yorkshire pudding enjoyed it :)
I'm not so sure it's a good thing I found that recipe again as I seem to be making rather a lot of teabread lately!
xxx