Tuesday 5 February 2008

Tuesday Stress


I don't much like Tuesdays since D#1 started swimming lessons last month, seemed like a good idea at the time but I don't think I'm one of those Mummy's who can juggle 68 things at once....OK not quite that many but I don't enjoy the mad rush after school trying to persuade one small child she needs to get a wriggle on, hurry up, get changed, have a wee, un-glue herself from the PC/telly etc and persuade the smaller child it really would be a good idea to eat something even though it's not really quite your tea time yet but by the time we get home it will be your bed time and you'll be too tired to attempt to eat anything. I don't enjoy bumping a swimming bag, nappy bag and hand bag laden pushchair up three lots of steps while trying to encourage the oldest small child to walk next to me rather than in front of me (or behind me in backwards step bumping mode) because I really will run you over if you get in the way! I don't like having to abandon the pushchair in a steaming hot changing room hoping that it will still be there when I return from struggling up another two flights of stairs and squashing my way past people who really are just too busy blocking the very narrow pathway along the viewing gallery (is that what it's called?) carrying a small child who I will have to try and entertain for the next very long 40 minutes by shoving biscuits/chocolate buttons/quavers down her throat while her sister swims the opposite way to all her swimming lesson buddies (eh?! Why my child??) I really don't like the mad rush to collect the soaking fish, coaxing her to get dry/dressed/not be so nosey (she told me last week she saw 'boy's willies' *rolls eyes* then bumping the pushchair back down three lots of steps into the cold dark night then home again to cook tea for JL and sort bed time out etc etc.

I don't know why I get so flustered - why can't I be one of those mothers who take it all in their stride?



Today is Shrove Tuesday aka pancake day which selfishly adds more stress to my Tuesday, cause I'll be expected to be the pancake cooking, tossing, all singing dancing monkey but I did find this for your tossing pleasure if you have nothing else to do!

At least I have half a bottle of

So that might help the


It's only week five - I'm praying they don't do swimming lessons in half term (ie next week!)

I don't think I'm really as


as I sound..................honest!

1 comment:

Mrs Moog said...

I'm not surprised you feel the way you do!! It's just not easy trying to fit it all some days even without battling with the little people on the way.

I'm sure that by the time they were fast asleep and you had a nice glass of wine in your hand it all felt better.

We've got swimming tonight - ack! My 8 year old turns into daft boy and mucks about so much getting dressed it drives me mad! Maybe need to stock up on wine for when I get home:)

xxxx